CONGRATULATIONS

Posted by Erica


My mom and dad finally got their mission call this last weekend. They are going to Samoa, Apia CES mission for 23 months. Yep, that's right 23 months... I know a long time to have your parents gone (well to me it is). They leave January 26, 2009 my little brother Jacob and his wife Rachel are having their first baby January 19th so everyone is excited that they will be around for awhile.

They are very excited and have been preparing for this for a long time. My father is a convert and did not get the opportunity to serve a mission in his youth and is ready to dive in head first. I know this will be a wonderful experience and bring many blessing to them and hopefully trickle down to us :).

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

As previously promised, you can borrow my parents any time you'd like ;) I know it's not the same, but still :) I heart you!

Oh sweetie!!!! What a monderful opportunity for your family to be strengthened by the Lord...what a great day!!! And it will be okay...I know it!! Those two years will FLY by!!!

I am so excited for your parents, but can only imagine how hard it would be to have them gone for 23 months. Your family will recieve SO many blessings from their service.

That is so exciting. They will love the islands. CES is such a great mission. I loved our CES missionaries. I am so excited for them and jealous, I want to go back to the islands.