18th Month Check

Posted by Erica

Cousins Kaden and Brylan
They are adorable.
It was cold in Heber....He LOVED his hat.
Everyone helping Grandpa build.

We went to the doctor for Trevin's 18th month check. He was a very brave boy. He didn't cry at all after his shots, in fact he smiled and waved to everyone as we left. It was pretty cute. STATS: Weight: 22 lbs 10 oz 15% percentile
Height: 32 1/2 inches 50% percentile

Head Circumference: 19 inches 50% percentile



I could not believe it either. Erik and I have a skinny son! Who would have ever guessed :) Other than being a little under weight he is a very healthy happy boy.
She did ask if said 12 to 15 words. I said no he only says 6 words!! Oh on, what do I do. She wanted me to call the Arizona hearing speech and developmental delay center. After I left the office I went straight up to Heber for Thanksgiving. While we were there he picked up a couple more words and learned a couple of tricks. My niece Kamarie taught Trevin to bite and hit. Every time she would come near him he would flare his teeth. Trevin taught Kamarie to hit the tv, get water out of the water cooler and play in the toilet and dogs water.
Here are a few words Trevin says: Grandma, Papa, Mom, Daddy, Dog, Kitty, Cracker, Ready,Set, Go, Ball, Truck, Kaden, No, yes, uh Oh, Ok, More.




This entry was posted on Sunday, December 07, 2008 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

7 comments

You guys do NOT need to worry, don't listen to what the doctor says. A kid belonging to you and Erik is NOT going to have any problem verbalizing. Give him a few months and you won't be able to get a word in edgewise :-)

Cute pictures and it looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Wait until his sibling comes he'll talk more!

Congratulations on another boy! We find out in 1 more week for ours, I can't wait. I bet you parents are loving having grandbabies. I bet they spoil them rotten! It is fun to see kids go through lots the different stages. I wouldn't stress about the development...give him time he will be talking your ear off real soon!

Glad to hear you guys had a good Thanksgiving and that Trevin is doing well.

And don't worry too much about what the doctor said. Andrew's wanted to send him to be checked because he wasn't rolling over when they thought he should be. Just a little slower to learn, but picked it right up. I wouldn't worry unless he's not picking up any new words at all.

I think we should get together one of theses times you come up!!

Trevin is so stinkin' cute! He's my favorite kid in the whole world. Doctors are stupid :) He'll be fine :) Love ya!

Great pictures! He is so cute. Don't worry too much about his words yet. As long as he understands you guys, he is probably fine. Carter is 2 1/2 and finally says about 50 words. Carter is really skinny too.