EASTER

Posted by Erica

Easter was a little different this year.  My dad is the ultimate traditionalist, growing up every Easter we color the eggs Saturday.  Then Sunday "The Easter Bunny" hides the eggs and empty Easter Baskets.  We wake up and find the eggs all over the house and find the baskets that are now full of goodies.  The Easter Bunny is a VERY good hider.  We could never find our baskets on our own.
Even after all of us kids were out of the house my mother still had to wake up Easter morning and find eggs and her basket.

Well since I had just had a baby a week before our Easter plans were different.  We still colored eggs and hid them in the back yard for Trevin, he found his basket (that he wanted nothing to do with.)  We were planning on going to Erik's parents for Easter dinner but his mother caught a horrible cold and was really under the weather.

Erik made a very delicious Easter spread with deviled eggs, mashed potatoes, corn, and Ham. I am very lucky to have such a great cook around.  We try to take family pictures on Easter in our Sunday best.  It was too soon to take Jonas in public so my Sunday best was laking this year (honestly I think it was the first time out of my pj's in a week. )

This is as close as we got to a family picture this year.  Hopefully next year we will look a little better too.  Here are my boys looking very dapper in there Easter cloths. 

HANDSOME BOYS!!!


Trevin LOVED coloring the eggs.  We color ours with crayons first then with dye it was great fun.


Erik took Trevin to his first Easter Egg hunt.  It was the ward activity I was very jealous.  I wanted to see him.  Erik said that Trevin had a blast.  I am so glad, wish I could have seen him.

This entry was posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

4 comments

Easter looks like it was a ton of fun!! Your little Jonas is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on the new addition to your family!!

Your new baby is so precious--big eyes, dark hair--looks like he fits in perfectly. I love his name. You did a great job creating him--way to go! You too are sure looking good for so soon PP. I know its hard not having your parents around to help with/enjoy everything going on now. Best wishes and congratulations to all of you. Trevor is adorable!

Congrats on your baby! How exciting! He is darling. We're pregnant again, not due til November though. So is Dalee-due in October, and Amy Chase will be having her baby in June.

I can't believe how big Trevin has gotten! What a cutie!

congrats! Your boys are adorible! Congrats on the new baby boys he is precious!