Today's the Day!

Posted by Erica

I am supposedly being induced TODAY!!! I just keep thinking I can not go on one more day...then my heart breaks a little for my friend Amy who is due 3 days after me and has to wait. She is much stronger than I am I AM DONE. Now I don't know if I would say I am ready, are you ever really ready to go into labor, or have a new born, or go through recovery? I call in at 10:00 to see if a bed is ready then every hour after until they are ready for us.

I am a little nervous about the whole induction thing. I was all gun ho with Trevin to be induced and excited then my water broke and everything went so fast that it wasn't a big deal. Now there is a greater possibility of a c-section, of baby boy Lopez (still nameless I know he is coming today.) (Hey maybe you have a suggestion? PLEASE WE ARE ALL EARS.) Where was I... I am so dingy lately. Oh... He may not be developmentally ready, I am only 38 weeks and 2 days. AND my kitchen floor isn't mopped, the guest bath needs scrubbed, and the clean sheets on our bed. Erik is coming home early so I will just have to keep him busy.

We walked the mall yesterday trying to get things started. I don't really like the mall, but I do love Wetzel Pretzel. I am so tired! I did actually sleep last night. It is the first time since I have been pregnant that I slept for 5 1/2 hours without having to get up to go to the bathroom, tell Erik to stop snoring or see why Trevin is crying. Then Trevin woke up at 5:00 and came and climbed in bed with me. I normally can't sleep by him this pg so uncomfortable but he was laying on my arm, it fell completely asleep to the point of freezing and I just slept through the pain. I convinced myself it was better to lose my arm than to wake him up. We slept until 7:30!!! Whaahooo!

Wish me luck! I am TOTALLY serious about the name suggestion thing. We are debating between Jonas and Kyson. Erik likes Jonas.... I like Kyson... So we are open for new ideas....

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 01, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

5 comments

I know what you mean-you're so excited for the pregnancy to be over, but not quite ready for what it to come! If you need help today, I know how to change sheets :)
As for names, I'm really loving the name Miller right now. Love it.

Oh how exciting! I hope that everything went well for you today. I have no preferences towards either of the names, though. What is the middle name going to be? I'm sure by the time you see this it will all be done with anyway...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Erica I am so excited for you and nervous for you and happy for you all at the same time. I can't wait to hear what happens! PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help out. I live just around the corner! GOOD LUCK!!!

I'm so happy for you. I hope all goes well. I like lots of names. someone told me that you should go in with 3 names and wait to see your baby and then pick a name, so maybe when you see him you will both be able to decide on a name.