Our Story

Posted by Erica

Erik and I met in the Glendale singles ward. No, it wasn't love at first sight but I did think he was pretty cute. It took us awhile and a few tries to get our first date (I didn't know "do you want to go to the movie with my friend Lisa and I" was an attempt to ask me out, silly me. Finally our first date happened (August 3, 2005) we went to the very romantic movie "Dukes of Hazards" (It was either this or March of the Penguins.) He took me to Cucina Taglianis, the movie and then we got cheesecake from Cheesecake factory and tried to eat it at a park. The first park we almost sat on a homeless man, the second we realized we had no forks so we ate in my sisters backyard. We talked all night...The next day was date two and it went on pretty much like that for the next 6 months.
Erik is a romantic. When he proposed it was wonderful with chocolate covered strawberries (my favorite) and sparkling pear juice, lots of rose petals, dancing, and flowers.
November 2, 2005

Engagements/announcement picturesWe were sealed in the Snowflake, AZ Temple March 18, 2006. We were sealed by our good family friend President Bill Beecroft.
It was a very windy and cold day. I felt bad for those waiting outside for us to come out, my hair didn't last long either.
Every time I would move my veil was flying in our faces or off. I didn't mind I was too excited and happy to care.

It is amazing to me how crazy things get right before you get married. I really believe it is to distract from the amazing covenants you are about to make with the Lord and your companion. Here is a little run down of the craziness we experienced ( I will spare you all the details but here is the short version!)
2 Days before: My flowers that I ordered did not come in and I had to wake up at 4:30 in the morning and run around down town to wholesale shops to find them in order to make it to work on time so I could leave to pick up the rest of the flowers and get to Heber.
Day before: I got the stomach flu....so did all of my relatives that came from Idaho and Utah.
My Photographer, that was coming from Phoenix her Grandpa who helped raise her had a brain aneurysm and was in emergency surgery (SHE DIDN'T MAKE IT TO THE WEDDING.)
Our dear friend was planning on decorating the gift area. Well her brothers wife was having a baby and her parents were on a mission so she had way to much to do and was unable to help. We had to do some quick thinking.

I think my mom and aunts did a great job pulling something together.

Erik's aunt had some heart pains and so his grandma took her to the hospital and missed everything.
It snowed in Heber and on the rim so Erik's uncle who he is like a brother couldn't make it because they were afraid the roads would be closed and he had a business trip he HAD to go to the next day.
The lady putting the center pieces together thought that I wanted an elegant wedding!
(There are little Christmas lights in the vase and under the red material)
Day of: I felt much better

Everything was so perfect. The cultural hall was amazing with tons of fresh roses, daisies and lights. Everything was so beautiful.

(My neighbor Sari Franco made my cake!)

My brother Jacob who just got home from his mission and whose homecoming was the next day, one of his companions came to see him. Luckily he used to work for a wedding photographer and he took the pictures.

The next week we had an equally beautiful reception in Peoria. We had so many friends, family and dancing at each event. Both receptions were very special and I feel so lucky to be so loved.
I am so blessed to have married my best friend. He is so kind, loving and gentle. The most amazing daddy and husband.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ERIK I LOVE YOU!!!!

This entry was posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I didn't know that you guys got married in the Snowflake temple! It is so beautiful!

Happy Anniversary to you-I thought it was fun to read your story :)

Um, I think I remember that you finally went on a date with him because of a ward activity that involved speed dating and I remember how nervous you were about going out with him. I'm glad you did and I'm so happy for you guys.

And I remember how much you did not like him at first...LOL! I was shocked when you actually went out with him!!! But I'm so glad you did!!! you guys are amazing!! Happy anniversary!! awe...so cute!!!